In 2009, an estimated 1.8 million people attended the Inauguration of Barack Obama in Washington, D.C. Crowds are traditionally large during this time, which creates challenges for transportation to and from inaugural events. Please consult the resources listed below for additional information on transportation and parking during Inauguration Week 2017.
The following sites provided information for the 2013 Presidential Inauguration and will be updated for 2017 as information is released.
- WMATA Metro Service – The Washington, D.C. Metro service opened an Inauguration information page to help visitors navigate the city on January 21, 2013
- District of Columbia Inauguration Page – Helpful information about how to get around during the 2013 Inauguration
- MARC Train Service – The Maryland Transit Administration has posted its Inauguration Day information, including schedules
- National Capital Region – Traffic alerts and information for the D.C. area
- U.S. Coast Guard – Information about restrictions on waterways during the Inauguration